Winner Take All: Game 5 Coverage Roundup
Five games, one championship, multiple sell-outs, broken records and high ratings. This yearâ€™s WNBA Finals have certainly given fans, old and new, a postseason to remember. The series returns to Arizona as the Phoenix Mercury host the Indiana Fever in the finale, Game 5 at 6 p.m. at US Airways Center. The series is tied at two games apiece and the winner of tonightâ€™s game will be crowned the 2009 WNBA Champion.
The Mercury tied the series 2-2 with a 90-77 win over the Fever in Game 4 on Wednesday in Indiana.
While it is Indianaâ€™s first time in the Finals, Phoenix makes its third appearance all-time and second showing in three seasons. The 2007 Mercury club defeated the Detroit Shock in five games in 2007.
- Fever’s season comes down to tonight (Indianapolis Star)
- Cappie Pondexter helps keep Phoenix Mercury’s season alive in WNBA Finals (ESPN)
- Temeka Johnson savoring another shot at title (ESPN)
- WNBA Finals: It All Comes Down to This (Swish Appeal)
- Final Judgment: Head-to-head Finals reveal who’s really deserving (DetroitShock.com)
- Elimination games not new to Mercury (azcentral.com)