Maya Moore a finalist for the 2010 Honda-Broderick Cup
University of Connecticut star Maya Moore is a finalist for the 2010 Honda-Broderick Cup. The winner will be announced at an awards ceremony on June 21st at UCLA in Los Angeles.
The finalists were chosen from previously announced Honda Sports Award winners in 12 different sports.
The other two finalists are: Megan Hodge, Penn State University (volleyball) and Lisa Koll, Iowa State University (track & field).
Previous womenâ€™s basketball winners include:
- Candace Parker, 2007-08, University of Tennessee
- Jackie Stiles, 2000-01, Southwest Missouri State
- Chamique Holdsclaw, 1997-98, University of Tennessee
- Jennifer Rizzotti, 1995-96, University of Connecticut
- Rebecca Lobo, 1994-95, University of Connecticut
- Dawn Staley, 1990-91, University of Virginia
- Teresa Weatherspoon, 1987-88, Louisiana Tech University
- Kamie Ethridge, 1985-86, University of Texas
- Cheryl Miller, 1983-84, University of Southern California
Nancy Lieberman, 1978-79, Old Dominion University
- Ann Meyers, 1977-78, University of California, Los Angeles
- Lucy Harris, 1976-77, Delta State University
(Photo Courtesy of University of Connecticut Athletic Department)