Games, a record, and ponderings
Virginia stunned #12 Maryland, 60-57.
Louisville beat #17 West Virginia – a team that seems in a slump lately.
#25 St. John’s took out #16 Georgetown, 75-71 in OT.
Arizona beat Arizona State for the first time since 2005.
It’s fun having so much uncertainty this year. No one is guaranteed a thing – not even UConn.
In other news:
Congrats to Jantel Lavender, who surpassed Katie Smith’s scoring record in Ohio State’s win over Minnesota today. Lavender put up 29 today, giving her 2,587 career points.
Tennessee had to rally to beat Vanderbilt, and then security for VU tried to hustle the Vols off the court after the game. Sore losers.
Virginia Tech is struggling.
Stopping to contemplate the current Pac-10 standings, there are surprises this year:
Which brings up some questions:
1. Cal tied for fifth?
2. Washington State tied for fifth?
3. Why are Arizona and Oregon each having such a tough time this year?
4. Why is there such a steep drop between Stanford and UCLA and the rest of the conference?
5. Will Tia Jackson stay for the final year of her contract next year after all?
6. How did Nikki Caldwell do it?
7. How does Tara VanDerveer keep doing it?
8. Will Oregon State win anymore conference games?