Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame Class of 2011 coverage roundup
Pearl Moore, Vicky Bullett, Val Ackerman, Muffet McGraw, Ruthie Bolton-Holifield, Lometa Odom. Photo: Womenâ€™s Basketball Hall of Fame
The Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame inducted its Class of 2011 on Saturday evening at Knoxvilleâ€™s Bijou Theatre. The inductees were announced last summer on ESPN during "WNBA vs. USA Basketball: The Stars at the Sun Game" at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut. They were also introduced at halftime of the 2010 State Farm Tip-Off Classic on November 16 in Hartford, Connecticut. The induction weekend festivities included a run/walk in memory of Hall of Famer Kay Yow and a silent auction.
Bolton-Holifield, a former WNBA player and standout at Auburn, attended the ceremony seven months pregnant with her second child, a boy, who will join her first child, two-year-old daughter Hope.
Coverage of the inductees and the ceremony from around the Web:
- Odom latest with WBU ties in womenâ€™s hoops hall (myplainview.com)
- Pearl Moore has memories of Coach Pat Summitt (govolsxtra.com)
- Former Auburn star Ruthie Bolton-Holifield inducted into Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame (al.com)
- Bolton-Holifield joins Hall of Fame (oanow.com)
- For Bolton, it’s been about the journey (knoxnews.com)
- Irish players cheer for Muffet McGraw (knoxnews.com)
- Notre Dame Womenâ€™s Basketball Facebook.com photo gallery
- Guru’s WBHOF Report: Notre Dame Getting Irish Up For Muffet McGraw (melgreenberg.com)
- Guru Report: Quickie Notes Basically On Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame (melgreenberg.com)
- Former WNBA president Val Ackerman headlines Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame 2011 class (espn.com)
- Ackerman still proud of ‘third child’ â€“ the WNBA (knoxnews.com)