Baylor’s non-conference slate includes doubleheader with men’s team at Cowboys Stadium and home contest vs. UConn
Baylor women’s basketball will play two exhibition contests and 11 of 12 non-conference games in the Ferrell Center this upcoming season.
“With nine underclassmen on our 13-player roster, I believe we have compiled a good schedule, one that will challenge our team but also allow them to mold into a cohesive unit before we begin Big 12 play,” said head coach Kim Mulkey.
The Lady Bears will play exhibition contests against Palm Beach Atlantic (Oct. 30) and Oklahoma City University (Nov. 5) before opening regular-season play.
Baylor will open its non-conference slate with seven straight home games. BU’s season opener is Sat., Nov. 9 vs. Grambling followed by a Thu., Nov. 14 game vs. Nicholls State and a Mon., Nov. 18 contest vs. Rice. On Nov. 21, 22 & 23, the Lady Bears will host a Basketball Travelers four-team event which will include Northwestern State, Savannah State and UTSA. BU hosts San Jose State on Tue., Dec. 3 to end its seven-game homestand.
The Lady Bears will make their lone non-conference road trip when they face Kentucky in Arlington, Texas, on Fri., Dec. 6. The contest will be a doubleheader with Kentucky and Baylor’s men’s teams at Cowboys Stadium.
The final four games on Baylor’s non-conference schedule include: Houston Baptist (Sun., Dec. 15), Mississippi (Wed., Dec. 18), McNeese State (Sat., Dec. 28) and defending national champion Connecticut on Mon., Jan. 13.
- Oct. 30 (Wed.) PALM BEACH ATLANTIC (EXH.)
- Nov. 5 (Tue.) OKLAHOMA CITY UNIVERSITY (EXH.)
- Nov. 9 (Sat.) GRAMBLING
- Nov. 14 (Thu.) NICHOLLS STATE
- Nov. 18 (Mon.) RICE
- Nov. 21 (Thu.) #UTSA/Northwestern State; Baylor/Savannah State
- Nov. 22 (Fri.) #Savannah State/UTSA; Baylor/Northwestern State
- Nov. 23 (Sat.) #Northwestern State/Savannah State; Baylor/UTSA
- Dec. 3 (Tue.) SAN JOSE STATE
- Dec. 6 (Fri.) vs. Kentucky (DH) Arlington
- Dec. 15 (Sun.) HOUSTON BAPTIST
- Dec. 18 (Wed.) MISSISSIPPI
- Dec. 28 (Sat.) MCNEESE STATE
- Jan. 13 (Mon.) CONNECTICUT