No. 19 Cal looks to match second-best non-conference record vs. CSUN
- California State University Northridge (2-10) at No. 19/18 California (8-2)
- Haas Pavilion (Berkeley, Calif.), 7 p.m. PT/10 p.m. ET
- Video: Cal Live Stream
- Live Stats
- Series Record: Cal leads, 4-2
This is the first meeting between the Bears and Matadors since the 2004-05 season and Cal’s last non-conference game of the season. The Bears have their best nonconference record, 8-2, since 2012-13.
- Last time out: The Matadors lost, 69-46, at the hands of another Pac-12 program , No. 17 Arizona State on Monday in Tempe, Ariz. Serafina Maulupe scored 17 points and Caroline Gilling added 11. The Sun Devils held the Matadors to just 13 points in the second and third quarters combined.
- Sophomore Tessa Boagni ranks sixth in the Big West in scoring at 13.1 ppg.
- Boagni also checks in at fifth in field goal percentage (.479), eighth in rebounding (6.5 rpg) and tied for fifth in blocked shots (1.1 bpg).
- Sophomore Serafina Maulupe is tied for 10th in the Big West in scoring (11.6 ppg) and has scored in double-figures in seven-straight contests.
- Maulupe also ranks seventh in free throw percentage (.791), eighth in league in steals (1.5 spg) and ninth in assists (2.7 apg).
- Senior Jasmine Johnson is sixth in the Big West Conference in free throw percentage (.800).
- Freshman Claudia Ramos is sixth in the Big West in 3-point field goal percentage (.375).
- Sophomore Jordan Smith is seventh in the Big West in 3-point field goal percentage (.357).
- As a team, CSUN has the third-highest scoring offense (63.8 ppg) in the Big West Conference
- Probable starters:
#3 Serafina Maulupe 11.6 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 2.7 apg
#10 10 Tessa Boagni 1 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.1 bpg
#15 Claudia Ramos 6.3 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 1.2 apg
#24 Cheyenne Allen 5.3 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 2.3 apg
#35 Jasmine Johnson 7.2 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 1.2 apg
- Cal is among the nation’s top 50 teams in five categories: field goal percentage (No. 13, 47.5%), fewest fouls (No. 20, 149), scoring offense (No. 22, 79.8 points), assists per game (No. 28, 17.5 apg) and 3-point field goal percentage (No. 41, 36.1%),
- Four of Cal’s five starters are averaging double figures in scoring.
- Every single member of Cal’s starting five ranks in the top 10 for at least one statistical category in the Pac-12.
- Freshman forward Kristin Anigwe won her fifth Pac-12 Freshman of the Week award on Monday. The super frosh has scored in double figures in every game this season, including five 20-point performances, and is averaging 30.25 points per game in her last four outings. She leads the Bears with 21.4 points per game and 9.4 rebounds per game through 10 outings this season.
- Last time out: Cal went into overtime for the second consecutive game and came out with another win, defeating UCLA 108-104 in double overtime of a rare non-conference clash. Courtney Range led all scorers with 29 points added to 12 rebounds in her second double-double effort of the season.
- Probable starters:
#1 Asha Thomas 13.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 4.7 apg
#33 Gabby Green 5.5 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 4.8 apg
#3 Mikayla Cowling 13.2 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 3.9 apg
#24 Courtney Range 15.4 ppg, 7.0 rpg
#31 Kristine Anigwe 21.4 ppg, 9.4 rpg