USA Today Coaches Poll for Jan. 5, 2016: Arizona State moves up seven spots, Duke falls four places
- Arizona moved up seven spots to No. 14. The Sun Devils defeated two ranked Pac-12 foes over the weekend, Cal and Stanford.
- Tennessee moved up five spots to No. 11. Ohio State climbed four spots to No. 5.
- No. 21 UCLA moved up five spots, last night the Bruins defeated higher-ranked Oregon State. They also beat two previously undefeated teams last week, Pac-12 foes USC and Oregon.
- No. 10 Texas A&M and No. 20 Seton Hall rose three spots each.
- No. 7 Baylor and No. 8 Maryland dropped three spots each.
- Teams that dropped two spots include No. 9 Kentucky, No. 12 Oregon State, No. 13 Stanford, No. 15 Florida State and No. 17 Northwestern.
- No. 22 Michigan State and No. 25 Syracuse entered the poll while California and Miami (FL) dropped out.
- There were no changes in the top three.
- This week’s Associated Press Poll
USA Today Coaches Poll for Jan. 5, 2016
|RANK||TEAM||RECORD||POINTS||1st PLACE VOTES||PREV||CHANGE||HI/LOW|
*Hi/Low Rankings – Hi/Low = The highest and lowest ranking each team has held during the designated season. Any team that starts the season unranked and/or falls out of the top 25 during the season will reflect a “NR” (not ranked) designation as its lowest rank.
Others Receiving Votes: California 74; Miami (Fla.) 62; Missouri 40; Virginia Tech 33; Georgia 14; Duquesne 14; St. John?s 10; Princeton 9; Florida 8; Louisville 8; Auburn 6; Boston College 1.
The USA Today Sports Board of Coaches is made up of 32 head coaches a Division I institutions. All are members of the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association. The board for the 2015-16 season: Katie Abrahamson-Henderson, Albany; Zenarae Antoine, Texas State; Lynn Bria, Stetson; Joan Bonvicini, Seattle; Dawn Brown, Prairie View A&M; Jamie Craighead, San Jose State; Kristy Curry, Alabama; Denise Dillon, Drexel; Brooks Donald-Williams, McNeese State; Oties Epps, Evansville; Brittney Ezell, East Tennessee State; Jason Flowers, Cal-State Northridge; Susan Robinson Fruchtl, Providence; Stephanie Gaitley, Fordham; LeDawn Gibson, Florida A&M; Joe Haigh, Saint Francis (Pa.); Quentin Hillsman, Syracuse; Ali Jaques, Siena; Jeff Judkins, Brigham Young; Brenda Mock Kirkpatrick, North Carolina-Asheville; Kelly Lewis-Jay, Florida Atlantic; Jim Littell, Oklahoma State; Dave Magarity, Army; David Midlick, Austin Peay; Regina Miller, Illinois-Chicago; Mike Neighbors, Washington; Rhonda Rompola, Southern Methodist; Brady Sallee, Ball State; Wendy Schuller, Eastern Washington; Dayna Smith, Cornell; Coquese Washington, Penn State; Amy Williams, South Dakota.