AP Poll – Feb. 15, 2016: South Carolina falls to No. 3, Ohio State moves up to No. 5
- UConn remains the only undefeated team and stayed the unanimous No. 1. South Carolina dropped one spot to No. 3. The Gamecocks fell to UConn last Monday. Notre Dame moved up one spot to No. 2.
- Ohio State rose to No. 5, up two spots. The Buckeyes defeated No. 6 Maryland last week. The Terps fell a spot.
- Oregon State improved, moving up one spot to No. 7.
- Texas dropped two spots to No. 8 after falling to Oklahoma last week.
- Arizona State stayed at No. 9 even after completing a regular-season sweep of California and Stanford this past week including an overtime win over the Cardinal last night. Stanford fell two spots to No. 15.
- No. 14 Mississippi State fell three places to No. 14. The Bulldogs lost to Texas A&M last week.
- Michigan State dropped to No. 25, a change in eight places after losing two games last week, losses to Penn State and Nebraska. Florida fell out of the top 20 after defeats in games against South Carolina and Auburn to land at No. 22, a drop of six places.
- West Virginia fell out of the rankings, the Mountaineers suffered a defeat at the hands of No. 17 Oklahoma State on Saturday. Syracuse re-entered the poll at No. 23.
Others receiving votes: Missouri 55, West Virginia 47, Colorado State 40, BYU 31, Duquesne 22, Georgia 17, Auburn 9, UTEP 8, Oregon 7, Minnesota 6, Green Bay 3, Arkansas State 2, Indiana 1, Washington 1, Army 1, Florida Gulf Coast 1
Dropped from rankings: West Virginia 24