AP Poll – March 7, 2016: Oregon State moves up to No. 6, Texas A&M falls four places
— Oregon State WBB (@BeaverWBB) March 7, 2016
- There were no changes in the top five: UConn, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Baylor, Maryland.
- Oregon State moved up two places to No. 6, the highest ranking in program history. The Beavers won the Pac-12 tournament championship Sunday evening, beating UCLA 69-57. The Bruins did not suffer in the rankings. and moved up two spots to No. 10.
- No. 11 Arizona State fell one spot. The Sun Devils lost to unranked California in the quarterfinals of the Pac-12 tournament. Stanford fell two places to No. 13 after losing their first game in the tournament to Washington.
- Syracuse moved up three places to No. 14 after reaching the final of the ACC tournament before losing to Notre Dame.
- No. 16 Michigan State also gained three spots. The Spartans made it to the Big Ten final before losing to No. 5 Maryland.
- No. 19 Texas A&M fell four places after losing to Tennessee in the quarterfinals of SEC tournament.
- No teams dropped from the rankings.
|1||Connecticut Huskies||31-0||800 (32)||1|
|2||Notre Dame Fighting Irish||31-1||753||2|
|3||South Carolina Gamecocks||31-1||748||3|
|6||Oregon State Beavers||28-4||630||8|
|9||Ohio State Buckeyes||24-7||498||9|
|11||Arizona State Sun Devils||25-6||444||10|
|15||Mississippi State Lady Bulldogs||26-7||370||16|
|16||Michigan State Spartans||24-8||328||19|
|17||Florida State Seminoles||23-7||303||14|
|18||DePaul Blue Demons||25-7||270||18|
|19||Texas A&M Aggies||21-9||254||15|
|20||Miami (FL) Hurricanes||24-8||217||21|
|21||South Florida Bulls||23-8||165||20|
|22||Colorado State Rams||28-1||119||22|
|23||West Virginia Mountaineers||24-9||100||22|