UConn finalizes team’s 2016-17 non-conference schedule
The University of Connecticut women’s basketball team finalized its non-conference schedule for the 2016-17 season with a 13-game slate that includes six home games, six away games and one game at a neutral site. The three-time defending national champions start the regular season with a matchup at Florida State on Monday, November 14. The home opener is Thursday, November 17 when the Huskies welcome Baylor.
After the matchup at Baylor, UConn goes on the road to face Louisiana State on Nov. 20.
- Nov. 14 at Florida State
- Nov. 17 Baylor
- Nov. 20 at Louisiana State
- Nov. 22 Dayton
- No. 29 Chattanooga
- Dec. 1 DePaul
- Dec. 4 Texas (Jimmy V Classic at Mohegan Sun Arena)
- Dec. 7 at Notre Dame
- Dec. 11 at Kansas State
- Dec. 19 Ohio State
- Dec. 21 at Nebraska
- Dec. 29 at Maryland
- Feb. 13 South Carolina
Non-Conference Schedule Notes
- 10 games against 2016 NCAA Tournament teams
- Seven games against teams that advanced to the 2016 NCAA regional semifinal
- Two games against teams that advanced to the 2016 NCAA regional final
- Seven games against teams rated in the top-15 of the final 2016 RPI
- Six games against teams ranked in the top-10 of the final 2016 AP Poll
- Six games against teams that won either its conference’s regular-season or tournament title
In conference play, UConn is scheduled to play Houston, Memphis, UCF and Cincinnati once and will have home-and-away games with the remaining six teams in the league. The Huskies, are 54-0 in American Athletic Conference regular-season matchups over the last three years.