Triple-double fest for Pac-12 Player and Freshman of the Week: Chantel Osahor and Sabrina Ionescu
Washington senior forward Chantel Osahor and Oregon freshman guard Sabrina Ionescu became the first player in each of the their respective programs to record triple-doubles this past week.
Osahor, who is currently leading the nation in rebounding, recorded the first triple-double in Washington history in a 105-53 win against Idaho on Tuesday, Nov. 22. She finished the night with 11 points, 21 rebounds and 10 assists, with the latter two being new career-highs. It is the first-ever Pac-12 Player of the Week honor for Osahor.
Ionescu, a highly touted recruit before she joined the Ducks, is making an impact right away. This is the second week in a row she has earned Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honors. She helped the Ducks to a 88-55 win over No. 24 Michigan State and then recorded the first triple double in Oregon history with 11 points, 12 rebounds and 11 assists in a win over San Jose State on Sunday.
Player of the Week: Chantel Osahor, Washington
3 GP, 14.0 ppg, 17.0 rpg, .457 (16-35), 88.9 FT (8-9), 20 asst, 2 stl, 1 blk
- Recorded back-to-back double-doubles against Seattle U and Portland and now has six consecutive, which also leads the NCAA.
- Against Seattle U, she scored 18 points and grabbed 13 boards. She also dished out five assists in the contest.
- Against Portland, she pulled down 17 rebounds to go along with 13 points and five assists.
Freshman of the Week: Sabrina Ionescu, Oregon
4 GP, 10.3 ppg, 5.8 rpg, .366 (15-41), 1.000 FT (4-4), 24 asst, 5 stl, 1 blk
- Oregon’s only loss this year was to No. 7 Mississippi State on Friday in Honolulu but Ionescu had 14 points and four assists.
- Tallied 24 assists compared to eight turnovers over the week.
- Player of the Week: Labrittney Jones, ARIZ; Courtney Range, CAL; Kennedy Leonard, COLO; Lexi Bando, ORE; Marie Gulich, OSU; Erica McCall, STAN; Jordin Canada, UCLA; Kristen Simon, USC; Borislava Hristova, WSU
- Freshman of the Week: Mi’Cole Cayton, CAL; Monica Burich, COLO; Minyon Moore, USC; Mai-Loni Henson, WASH; Chanelle Molina, WSU
2016-17 PAC-12 WOMEN’S BASKETBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Player of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Nov. 28||Chantel Osahor, WASH||Sabrina Ionescu, ORE|
|Nov. 21||Jordin Canada, UCLA||Sabrina Ionescu, ORE|
|Nov. 14||Kelsey Plum, WASH||Reili Richardson, ASU|