USA Basketball announced the 12-member 2018 Women’s U18 National Team
USA Basketball announced the 12-member 2018 Women’s U18 National Team Monday after three days of trials that started with 35 participants.
- Aijha Blackwell (Whitfield School/Berkeley, Mo.)
- Jenna Brown (The Lovett School/Smyrna, Ga.)
- Queen Egbo (Travis H.S./Houston, Texas)
- Nazarah Hillmon-Baker (Gilmour Academy/Cleveland, Ohio)
- Rhyne Howard (Bradley Central H.S./Cleveland, Tenn.)
- Olivia Nelson-Ododa (Winder-Barrow H.S./Winder, Ga.)
- Jordan Nixon (Mary Louis Academy/New York, N.Y.)
- Anaya Peoples (Schlarman H.S./Danville, Ill.)
- Sedona Prince (Liberty Hill H.S./Liberty Hill, Texas)
- Abby Prohaska (Lakota West H.S./Liberty Township, Ohio)
- NaLyssa Smith (East Central H.S./Converse, Texas)
- Christyn Williams (Central Arkansas Christian School/Little Rock, Ark.)
The team includes five international medalists, four athletes who had attended at least one prior USA Basketball training camp and three USA Basketball rookies.
Louisville head coach Jeff Walz will lead the team while Natasha Adair of Delaware and Cori Close of UCLA serving are the USA’s assistant coaches.
The team is set to compete at the 2018 FIBA Americas U18 Championship (Aug. 1-7, 2018), where the top four finishing teams will earn a qualifying berth into next summer’s 2019 FIBA U19 World Cup. Athletes on the team must be U.S. citizens who are 18 years old or younger (born on or after Jan. 1, 2000).