2015 U.S. Pan American Games team announced
Following three days of trials that featured 51 athletes at the United States Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado, the 12-member roster for the 2015 U.S. Pan American Women’s Basketball Team today was announced and features seven players who have won at least one gold medal with USA Basketball.
The retuning gold medalists include: Linnae Harper, Moriah Jefferson, Stephanie Mavunga, Tiffany Mitchell, Kelsey Plum, Taya Reimer and Breanna Stewart. Full roster:
- Linnae Harper (Kentucky/Chicago, Ill.)
- Moriah Jefferson (Connecticut/Glenn Heights, Texas)
- Stephanie Mavunga (North Carolina/Brownsburg, Ind.)
- Tiffany Mitchell (South Carolina/Charlotte, N.C.)
- Kelsey Plum (Washington/Poway, Calif.)
- Taya Reimer (Notre Dame/Fishers, Ind.)
- Breanna Stewart (Connecticut/North Syracuse, N.Y.).
- Sophie Brunner (Arizona State/Freeport, Ill.)
- Alaina Coates (South Carolina/Irmo, S.C.)
- Caroline Coyer (Villanova/Oak Hill, Va.)
- Shatori Walker-Kimbrough (Maryland/Aliquippa, Pa.)
- Courtney Williams (Texas A&M/Houston, Texas)
Head coach: Lisa Bluder (Iowa)
Assistant coaches: Michelle Clark-Heard (Western Kentucky), Scott Rueck (Oregon State)
Players eligible for the U.S. Pan American Games Team must be U.S. citizens who currently are enrolled as full-time college students with remaining eligibility for the 2015-16 school year. The U.S. Pan American Women’s Basketball Team players and coaches will return to Colorado on July 3 for the start of training camp and will depart for the competition in Toronto, Canada, on July 8. The 2015 Pan American Games women’s basketball competition will take place July 16-20.
“I’m very excited,” said head coach Lisa Bluder. “I think we have a tremendous team. I think we have excellence at every position. And now, we are set on the gold.
“Even though we have the best college players, we will be going against professionals from other countries. It helps that Breanna has been there before, and I think that experience is amazing. Now that we have our team, we just have to wait until we come back for training camp on July 3, you just want to get going.”