Allisha Gray added to USA National Team’s November tour roster
USA Basketball added Dallas Wings guard Allisha Gray to the November roster for the USA’s four-game NCAA tour and three FIBA games in Brazil. She replaces Washington Mystics forward Elena Delle Donne who injured her back during the WNBA Finals and is unable to participate in training and competitions.
Gray, a South Carolina graduate, was a member of the 2019-20 USA Basketball Women’s National Team pool and the 2017 WNBA Rookie of the Year.
Previously announced athletes who will compete in the four-game NCAA tour are:
- Seimone Augustus (Minnesota Lynx/Louisiana State)
- Sue Bird (Seattle Storm/Connecticut)
- Layshia Clarendon (Connecticut Sun/California),
- Napheesa Collier (Minnesota Lynx)
- Skylar Diggins-Smith (Dallas Wings/Notre Dame)
- Sylvia Fowles (Minnesota Lynx/Louisiana State)
- Chelsea Gray (Los Angeles Sparks/Duke)
- Nneka Ogwumike (Los Angeles Sparks/Stanford)
- Kelsey Plum (Las Vegas Aces/Washington)
- Diana Taurasi (Phoenix Mercury/Connecticut)
- A’ja Wilson (Las Vegas Aces/South Carolina)
Chelsea Gray will miss the game at Stanford and Plum will miss the first two games due to previous personal commitments.
The national team kicks off its campaign for a seventh-straight Olympic gold medal in Tokyo with four games against elite NCAA Division I programs:
- Nov. 2, Stanford University
- Nov. 4, Oregon State University
- Nov. 7, Texas A&M University
- Nov. 9, University of Oregon