Rosters set for training camps for Women’s 3×3 Olympic Qualifying Tournament teams
USA Basketball announced rosters for the training camps for the Women’s 3×3 Olympic Qualifying Tournament Teams. Eleven athletes are set to participate in training Feb. 12-13 in Chicago. The USA Basketball 3×3 player selection committees will select four women to represent USA Basketball at the 2020 FIBA 3×3 Olympic Qualifying Tournament March 18-22 in Bengaluru, India.
The top three teams from that tournament will earn a place in the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games 3×3 basketball competition. Per FIBA rules, “all teams taking part in the FIBA 3×3 Olympic Qualifying Tournament must include at least two athletes who are ranked among the federation’s top 10 FIBA 3×3 athletes” according to USA Basketball.
Training Camp Pool
- Cierra Burdick (University of Tennessee ‘2015/Charlotte, N.C.)
- Layshia Clarendon (Connecticut Sun/San Bernadino, Calif.)
- Natasha Cloud (Washington Mystics/Broomall, Pa.)
- Napheesa Collier (Minnesota Lynx/O’Fallon, Mo.)
- Stefanie Dolson (Chicago Sky/Port Jervis, N.Y.)
- Kelly Faris (University of Connecticut ‘2013/Plainfield, Ind.)
- Allisha Gray (Dallas Wings/Sandersville, Ga.)
- Linnae Harper (Chicago Sky/Chicago, Ill.)
- Kelsey Plum (Las Vegas Aces/Poway, Calif.)
- Katie Lou Samuelson (Chicago Sky/Huntington Beach, Calif.)
- Jackie Young (Las Vegas Aces/Princeton, Ind.)
The USA women earned their spot in the FIBA 3×3 Olympic Qualifying Tournament by virtue of their status on the FIBA 3×3 world rankings. This summer’s Tokyo Games will mark the debut of 3×3 basketball in the Olympics. Twenty women’s teams are set to compete for gold July 25-29.