Baylor sweeps 2020-21 Big 12 preseason individual awards
For just the second time in Big 12 history, a team sweeps the preseason individual awards. Baylor dominates the accolades and lands three players on the Preseason All-Big 12 team.
Preseason Player of the Year
NaLyssa Smith, Baylor, F, 6-2, Jr., Converse, Texas
Preseason Newcomer of the Year
DiJonai Carrington, Baylor, G, 5-11, Gr., San Diego, Calif.
Preseason Freshman of the Year
Sarah Andrews, Baylor, G, 5-6, Irving, Texas
Preseason All-Big 12 Team
- Queen Egbo, Baylor, C 6-3 Jr.
- DiDi Richards, Baylor, G 6-1 Sr.
- NaLyssa Smith*, Baylor, F 6-2 Jr.
- Ashley Joens*, Iowa State, G/F 6-0 Jr.
- Ayoka Lee*, Kansas State, C 6-6 So.
- Taylor Robertson, Oklahoma, G 5-7 Jr.
- Natasha Mack*, Oklahoma State, F 6-4 Sr.
- Lauren Heard*, TCU, G 5-9 Sr.
- Charli Collier*, Texas, F/C 6-5 Jr.
- Vivian Gray, Texas Tech, G 6-1 Sr.
* – Unanimous Selection.
^ – Stats are from the 2019-20 season at Oklahoma State.
Honorable Mention (listed alphabetically by school)
Kristin Scott (Iowa State), Zakiyah Franklin (Kansas), Holly Kersgieter (Kansas), Rachel Ranke (Kansas State), Ana Llanusa (Oklahoma), Madi Williams (Oklahoma), Celeste Taylor (Texas), Chrislyn Carr (Texas Tech), Kysre Gondrezick (West Virginia) and Kari Niblack (West Virginia).