Colorado sweeps Pac-12 Weekly Awards for Jan. 18, 2021
A day after Colorado upset No. 1 Stanford, the Buffs swept the Pac-12 Conference weekly awards. The Buffs played three games last week: a loss at USC, a win at home against California, and finally, the historic win in Boulder against Stanford. It was the first time that the program beat a top-ranked team.
The weekly award winners:
Player of the Week: Mya Hollingshed, senior guard (Houston, Texas)
- Last week’s stats: 21.3 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 2.3 spg, .480 FG (24-50), .846 FT (11-13)
- Scored a career-high 32 points in the overtime upset of top-ranked Stanford.
- Shot 12-of-24 (.500) from the field, including 4-of-10 (.400) from three-point range against the No. 1 Cardinal. Added 10 rebounds and five steals for her sixth double-double of the year.
- Recorded 14 points and 10 boards against USC.
- Poured in 18 points in the win over California.
- This is Hollingshed’s first career weekly honor and Colorado’s fifth Player of the Week award all-time.
Freshman of the Week: Frida Formann, guard (Bagsværd, Denmark)
- Last week’s stats: 11.3 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 2.0 apg, .600 FG (12-20), .667 3FG (8-12)
- Scored 15 points – five of which came in overtime – in the upset of No. 1 Stanford. Shot 5-of-7 (.714) from the field, including 3-of-4 (.750) from deep.
- Added six rebounds and three assists against the top-ranked Cardinal.
- Recorded a season-high 19 points in the victory over California, going 5-of-6 (.833) from beyond the arc, and hauled in seven boards.
- This is Formann’s first Freshman of the Week award and Colorado’s 12th all-time.