UConn at Notre Dame: Top Two Teams Set to Clash Wednesday
Connecticut (7-0): Hoopfeed No. 1, AP No. 1, USA Today No. 2 vs. Notre Dame (8-0): Hoopfeed No. 2, AP No. 2, USA Today No. 1
- Tipoff: 7 p.m. (ET)
- Site: Purcell Pavilion (9,149), South Bend, Indiana
- TV/Streaming: ESPN2/Watch ESPN, Dave O’Brien (play-by-play), Doris Burke (color) and Holly Rowe (sideline) on the call.
- Radio: UConn Radio Network (Bob Joyce and Debbie Fiske), Pulse FM 96.9/92.1/WatchND.tv (Bob Nagle)
- Series History: UConn Leads 34-11
- 12, Saniya Chong, G
- 11, Kia Nurse, G
- 33, Katie Lou Samuelson, G/F
- 15, Gabby Williams, F
- 24, Napheesa Collier, G/F
- 3, Marina Mabrey G
- 11, Brianna Turner, F
- 15, Lindsay Allen, G
- 24, Arika Ogunbowale, G
- 33, Kathryn Westbeld, F
Today’s matchup between Connecticut and Notre Dame is sold out. UConn is 34-11 all-time vs. Notre Dame and has won five straight against the Irish. Prior to the current five-game winning streak, the Fighting Irish had won seven of the last eight games but UConn won the previous 12 meetings in the series.
The Huskies have won 33-straight against ACC teams dating back to an 82- 76 loss at No. 2 North Carolina on January 15, 2007.
Since 2010, Notre Dame has more wins over UConn than every other school in the nation combined. The Irish have beaten UConn seven times since the 2011 Final Four. UConn has lost only five other games since 2010, two to Stanford, two to Baylor and one to St. John’s.
The Huskies will hit the road again when the team heads to Manhattan, Kan. to play Kansas State on Sun. Dec. 11. The contest will be televised nationally on FS1.
Notre Dame heads to DePaul for a game on Sat., Dec. 10. The game will be televised on CSN+.