Dallas Wings add Megan Gustafson, team dealing with “roster challenges”
The Dallas Wings re-added center Megan Gustafson Thursday. The second-round draft pick from Iowa did not make the May 24 opening day roster as the team waived her May 22.
In three preseason games she averaged 2.6 points and 3.0 rebounds a game, playing an average of 11.0 minutes.
“We are excited to bring Megan back to the Dallas Wings organization,” Dallas Wings president and CEO Greg Bibb stated. “We are currently dealing with a series of roster challenges and we are fortunate to have the opportunity to sign a player of Megan’s character and ability.”
Wings Roster Notes
- Tayler Hill will undergo knee surgery within the coming days and will be out indefinitely
- Glory Johnson will depart for EuroBasket to compete with Montenegro following the Wings game against Atlanta on Saturday, June 15
- Rookie Arike Ogunbowale is doubtful for tonight’s game against Indiana due to an ankle injury sustained in the team’s outing at Washington on June 9.
- Dallas continues to be without all-star guard Skylar Diggins-Smith, who remains out following the birth of her child.
- Guard Moriah Jefferson has not played yet this season due to injury.
The Wings (0-4), looking for their first win of the season, host the Indiana Fever (3-3) tonight at 8 p.m. ET. The game will be broadcast on CBS Sports Network.